Making Sure Date Ranges Match
What should you do if CFO Scoreboard complains that your income statement and balance sheet don't contain the same months?
One of the key requirements for CFO Scoreboard is that every time you submit a P&L and Balance Sheet for upload, the range of dates needs to match precisely between the two.
Just follow this quick checklist to make sure everything is set up the way it needs to be.
1. Make sure your dates are organized by month
This is a big one! Both of your documents need to be set up so that each column contains just one month's worth of data. Sometimes accounting systems will try to generate statements that have the entire year wrapped up into one column. This will not work!
To correct this, just follow our instructions on how to set up statements properly from your specific accounting system.
2. Make sure your date ranges actually match each other
This one goes without saying. Here's what this means:
- If your income statement is just May 2013, then your balance sheet also needs to be May 2013.
- If your income statement shows all of 2004 to 2008, then your balance sheet also needs to show all of 2004 to 2008.
- If your income statement shows Jan 2014 to Nov 2014, then your balance sheet also needs to show Jan 2014 to Nov 2014.
Pretty straightforward, this one. Just double check!
3. Make sure your income statement doesn't contain any all-zero columns
If a column on the income statement has nothing but zeroes in it, CFO Scoreboard will not import that column. This will make CFO Scoreboard think there's a "gap" in your data, and you'll get an error. Here's an example:
If this is the case in your income statement, you will need to "trim" both documents to the point in time where only "real" data is shown in your income statement.
4. Make sure your account numbers are not listed on the left hand side in their own column.
Since they are literally just numbers, and some of them may be the right length of digits, they can be understood as dates, and this will give CFO Scoreboard some trouble.
If this is the case, you can simply delete the account numbers as CFO Scoreboard only requires the account names.
Still having trouble?
No problem at all. If you've checked all these possibilities, tried to upload again, and it still won't work for you, just send an email to email@example.com, and we'll assist you as soon as possible.